Central Production Kitchen - Case Study
Shelfspan supplied and installed a range of solution-specific storage products to help a busy central production kitchen produce 20,000 meals per week.
Background & Requirements
The new-build kitchen provides fresh meals, groceries, clean laundry and cleaning supplies to nursery schools. They turned to Shelfspan to supply and install cost effective, suitable storage products to the varying areas and environments including cold-rooms, dry store, linen/laundry, bulk storage and staff locker rooms.
After completing a site survey, Shelfspan used their expertise to decide on the right products and layouts to maximise storage area while keeping the budget in mind. The installation was then carried out effectively and efficiently by Shelfspan employed and fully trained staff.
Cold-Rooms - Eko Fit
- A hygienic and easy-to-clean solution - With the shelving systems' superior strength and hygiene, it made it the perfect option for the cold-room environment. The anodised aluminium frames and removable polyethylene shelf slats, that are dishwasher safe, ensure high standards of hygiene.
- The 440 size variations meant that the best fit was ensured to maximise storage space in the small rooms.
Linen/Laundry Dry Store - Eclipse® Chrome Wire
- Allow airflow to keep laundry fresh - Hardwearing chrome wire shelving was chosen for this area due to it's excellent airflow capabilities to help keep the laundry fresh.
- Maximise storage area - The shelving is strong and robust with up to 300kg per shelf capacity, meaning the customer could store plenty of laundry.
Bulk Storage - Heavy Duty Rivet Racking
- Safely store heavier items - This larger area needed a shelving system that could store much heavier items. Therefore, heavy duty rivet racking was chosen due it's superior weight loading of up to 600kg per shelf level.
- Improve access to storage - By adding larger shelves with more depth, we reduced the number of frames needed to greatly improve access.
Trolleys- To transport items efficiently from one area to another
- Nestable roll cages - For moving bulk stock from one area to another.
- Fully welded stainless steel trolleys.
- Heavy duty platform trolleys - For moving heavier items with a weight loading up to 400kg.
- Gastronorm trolleys - Can store and trsnsport up to 20 trays.
Staff Locker Room
- Provide secure storage for all staff- We supplied and installed a number of 2 door lockers in green (many other colour options available).
- Each locker was complete with a hanging system and provided staff with a safe and secure place to keep their belongings and to change in comfort.