Shelfspan is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Shelfspan may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01 June 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you’ve given us permission, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you’ve given us permission, from time to time we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to protect your security in the manner described above, we consider that it is only appropriate to advise users that data transmission over the Internet and the World Wide Web cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure, and therefore that you use the Website at your own risk.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Which cookies do we use and what do they do?
We use 2 types of cookies.
1. Session cookies - are also used by the server to store information about user page activities so users can easily pick up where they left off on the server's pages. By default, web pages really don't have any 'memory'. Cookies tell the server what pages to show the user so the user doesn't have to remember or start navigating the site all over again. Cookies act as a sort of “bookmark” within the site. Similarly, cookies can store ordering information needed to make shopping carts work instead of forcing the user to remember all the items the user put in the shopping cart.
How do I control which cookies my computer accepts?
The majority of browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies and to disable and enable them as you require. If you do not want cookies then please refer to the help menu on your browser for instructions on disabling them. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website functionality.
For further general information on cookies and more detailed advice on how to disable and enable them for some of the most popular web browsers, please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org./.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy policies of such other sites. We would advise you to read the privacy statement of any website that collects personal information from you.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at Shelfspan Limited, Mayland Hall Farm, Mayland Hill, Althorne, Essex, CM3 6EA or emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of direct emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you are happy for this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Shelfspan Limited, Mayland Hall Farm, Mayland Hill, Althorne, Essex, CM3 6EA, or email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.